Friday, June 22, 2012

Muilti-purpose furniture.

Muilti-purpose furniture.
I enjoy entertaining, but my dining table only seats six comfortably.  To accommodate larger groups, I bought a gateleg table from IKEA that allows me to seat six additional guests.  It also has drawer storage for extra serving utensils. The main area of my home has a great room consisting of the living room, dining room and kitchen.  When the sides of the table are collapsed in the down position, I place it behind a living room chair so it adds more definition separating the dining and living room areas. It easily moves and folds out when I need the extra table and seating for dining.


I also love window seats.   Window seats give you storage for linens and a nice place to curl up with a good book. You can also use a hope chest at the end of the bed to provide extra linen storage and a place to sit and take off your shoes after a long day.

Need an office but also need a guest bedroom try using a day bed or Murphy bed in the office area. Storage cubes on wheels can be easily be moved around and act as night stand for guests when they come to visit.



I have a two drawer filing cabinet in my office below one of the windows. I bought it thinking it would provide extra seating as well as filling; but JoJo, my cat, has taken it over as his own personal window seat to lay and bask in the sunshine.



These are just a few suggestions of multi-tasking furniture to increase your storage space or make your home more user friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment