Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Trees

It's that time of year again, Christmas. Decorating a tree and house for the holiday stresses some people out. They think you have to have a theme. Theme trees are pretty, but if you don't have the money to redecorate every year (I sure don't) I suggest buying bulbs in your desired color and ornaments that you can use again or get a really good deal on.
Some ideas for theme trees -
Colors: white, Blue and silver, red, green, red and gold, green and silver, red and white,  pink, purple etc.
From the Better Home and Garden web site
Picture from the Green Head.com
Or Objects: birds, bears, angels, snowmen, etc.

The first year I moved to Arizona I had nothing (I had left my Christmas decorations at my parents)  so I bought a tree (fake pre lit),  used small stuffed animals that I already had as ornaments and bought plastic bulbs, and made ribbon bows in red, red and gold, and used a table cloth for a tree skirt.

The majority of the time on Christmas I use ornaments from my childhood.  I love the memories associated with  each ornament. Porcelain ones Grandma Lila made me, ones Aunt Monie bought me (one every year), ones mom picked out for me or we bought together every year.

I like the eclectic look for a Christmas tree. The key is to spread the colors out evenly.  Don't put all your blue ornaments next to each other. Spread them out so when you look at the tree you see all the colors. I use all colors but my main color is red. This goes good with my living room.  My furniture is red and I use red and blue throughout the house. The front door has a wreath with red ribbon and two snowmen in blue stand at the right of the door in the entry. If you have green use that as your primary color.  

No comments:

Post a Comment