Saturday, September 15, 2012

Storage


When trying to maximize the amount of storage in your house think of going up. The project below of a linen hall closet uses the height of the tall ceilings. The space had 12' high ceilings. So I stacked three cabinets to maximize the space. I used an 88" high pantry cabinet with shelves (this model also has pull out shelves); but for my purpose, I wanted shelves for linens and other household items so stationary shelving was used. I then had a 30" high cabinet hung above the 88" and secured it to the wall and the cabinet below. Then I topped it off by adding a 15" high horizontal cabinet on the very top. The cabinets are then trimmed out with fillers on all sides and scribed to the ceiling.
 
Toiletries, extra toilet paper or feminine supplies can be stored in wall cabinets hung above the toilet in a bathroom.
Shelves above the garage door and on the wall across from garage door makes great storage space  for your holiday decorations.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment